Monday, November 9, 2009

9. Learning New Details

"Copyright"
This is a word which most of us are familiar with.But the important question is are we aware of it's function. For example, today i learn that if i want to use a copyrighted image on my presentation i have to contact with it's author and get a permission. Although i know what is copyrighted means this function of it seems strange to me. In other words it is difficult to deal with it.:/ So what are we going to do? Stop putting images in our work's or continue doing illegal things? I suppose both of them won't be a good solution for us. The best solution would be "Creative Commons" for us.:) It is an organisation which helps you to use images in your work easily. This was again a detail which i wasn't aware of before=) You can visit this cite http://www.compfight.com/ for using image which is suitable for creative commons. You can also visit my 8th post for having information about citing images. I wanted to share these details with you.

2 comments:

  1. I think Creative Commons is a great website. This way we can decorate our blogs without worrying about copyrights. It is a relief really :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great to see you have an understanding of the overall dilemma of copyright, and how Creative Commons provides a solution. I was also very excited to learn about it!

    ReplyDelete