Friday, April 16, 2010

12. The Sweet Dream

Here is the house. It is green and white. It has a red door. It is very pretty. Here is the family. Mother, Father, Dick and Jane live in the green and white house. They are very happy. See Jane. She has a red dress. She wants to play. Who will play with Jane? (...) See Mother. Mother is very nice. Mother, will you play with Jane? Mother laughs. Laugh, Mother, laugh. See Father. He is big and strong. Father, will you play with Jane? Father is smiling. Smile, Father, smile.

This is the picture of happiness. But is it fake? Yes, it is. It is only a sweet dream. It is not the real picture out of from Pecola's life.:( This picture does not tell about her life, it only tells about her desires.

Let's focus on Pecola's real life:

Here is the storefront. It is old and cold. It has a "coal stove". It is out of control. Here is the family. Mrs.Breedlove, Cholly, Sammy and Pecola live in the old and cold storefront. They are miserable. See Pecola. She has "the meanest eyes in the town". She puts her mask(ugliness). She wants to have blue eyes. She wants to love and loved. Who will love Pecola? See Mrs. Breedlove. Mrs. Breedlove is strict and stoic. Mrs. Breedlove, will you love Pecola? Mother, gets angry. Huff, Mother, Huff!. See Father. He is alcoholic and cruel. Father, will you love Pecola or WILL YOU HARM? Father is beating her wife. Beat, Father, beat.

I try to adapt Pecola's real life to create the picture of "reality". I hope you would like it:)

6 comments:

  1. Actually, I prepared this post for my wiki:( But, I couldn't find any place to public it:/ So, thanks to my sweet blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, I prepared this post for my wiki:( But, I couldn't find any place to publish it:/ So, thanks to my sweet blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOWOWOWOWOOWOWOWWW.
    I love this post so much!!!
    This is just awesome, thank you!

    I'm going to create a page in the wiki where students can link their sweet blog posts...I hope you will announce this one there... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. by the way, was your group assigned the 'Dick and Jane readers'? If so, you could definitely use this in your presentation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your sweet comment Sonja.
    Also, I'd like to see such a page in the wiki, thank you:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. No, unfortunately it is not our group's subject:( we are in group 4.

    ReplyDelete