Monday, March 1, 2010

3. Me and My Mother:)


Retrieved from,
http://romans1513.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/love-mother-and-daughter-holding-hands-posters.jpg

In this post I will focus on the relationship between adoloscents and adults. I will try to show you the point of view of a young girl about adults:) In other words, as a teenager I will share my own relationship with my mother.

She is a real mother but she is an adult:). So, in some ways it causes a problem for me to understand her:( For example, she usually concerns me about my clothes. She tells me to wear thick clothes etc. But, sometimes this annoys me. Even if the weather is warm she insist me to wear a jacket and I usually try to object to her. But, I have to confess that whenever I object to listen her the weather gets cooler and I get sick:(. And, when I get sick she is the only one who deals with me:(( So, a mother usually is the exprienced and knows everything=(. Seeing that she is right to insist in some cases makes me angry ııııh:/=). Besides, she doesn't let me go out with my friends at night(except some special days(but rarely)). I know that, she tries to protect me but sometimes, I couldn't understand it exactly. But, may be here I am a bit guilty because I never rebel to my parents. I accept their decision and not usually question them. I am 19 years old and most of my friends find this strange but they accept me like this:). What I do is unlike the other teenagers I try not to look things from Simge's perspective. I try to think as if I am a mother or a father. So, when I change my point of view I think I understand them. Maybe I am a bit mother's darling but I am ready to accept their faults or the things even doesn't fit much with me. Because, I know they also accept me with all my faults and they try to do their best to make me happy:) Of course, we may have some conflicts but I am ready to solve them. Only to know that "SHE is with me" is enough. Because, a mother (mother or father) can annoy you in some cases but this mother is my best friend, she is my intimate and I know that she is the only one who will support me no matter what I do. A mother can make you cry but she can not stand you to cry, she can make you angry but she can not stand someone to make you angry and she is the one who gets happy as much as you in your cheers!

2 comments:

  1. This post was lovely. I totally understand what you mean :)
    In my opinion(this might sound a bit strange but it IS the truth!), being a teenager does not mean that you have to rebel. It means that you start to learn how to make the right choices in life. I think it is great that you think of your parents when you make a decision.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Hazal that this is lovely. :)
    But I do also want to raise the possibility that overprotectiveness has its own faults. Have you ever asked your parents' rationale for not allowing you to go out with your friends, for example? Because it seems to me you're a really responsible and sensible person and that you can be more than trusted out alone.

    ReplyDelete