Monday, May 24, 2010

19. Being a girl& Barbie& Beauty:)

My barbies were the best and most beautiful toys in my childhood:). They are beautiful right? For example, if someone tells you that "Ooow! You are looking like a Barbie"(means you are looking cute=))it would a compliment right?

Beauty, beauty, beauty...
Who can own BEAUTY?
Answer: White People

So, which colour is a Barbie?
Answer: Of course, white!

NO! These answers are not correct. Both whites and blacks can own beauty. Thus, Barbies can be both white or black:)
Here is the evidence:

Retrieved from,
http://www.fashion-doll-guide.com/image-files/black-barbie-reproduction-3.jpg



Retrieved from,
http://i.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph/multimedia/archive/01530/3-black-barbie_1530014i.jpg

I have to admit that I have never owned a black barbie but I would like to have one. They are also beautiful:) Here, the important thing is blacks can also own beauty as much as whites own.

3 comments:

  1. I love the Barbie's Afro!

    But have you noticed that even though the Barbie is black, her features still look very, very white...?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Sonja.

    These black barbies have thin hips, not so big eyes(this is not a stereotype but a fact..) Actually, this type of beauty is stabilized by media media for everyone, blacks and whites or other colored people..

    By the way, I recall something:D

    Some companies also produce barbies with scarves:P so today barbies are disguised in everything.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Simge because she supports beauty for whom and it is an significant subject.

    Beuty changes for every people but media try to give some norm ,to be ideal women or men in order to have a beuty ,with many things like commercials, magazines, etc.

    I think black ones features are looking like whites because of the norms which I tried to talk about.:)))

    ReplyDelete